Skip to main content

Called To Love

I feel like I have been walking in a heavy fog since I lost my job a year ago. Unfortunately I developed bi-lateral carpal tunnel and underwent surgery for both hands. The surgeon informed me that I should seek a new line of work since the repetitive pinching movement I had abused my hands with while working had taken it's toll. I relunctantly had to agree, knowing that this would not be easy in todays economic situation. I have had plenty of time to ponder what I am good at, and what I would love to do if I could. Quite frankly, it's been a mind-boggling and often depressing journey.

Last Sunday as I was leaving mass, I stopped to purchase an audio cd that was being sold at the church. "The Seven Levels of Intimacy" by Matthew Kelly. Don't know why I picked that particular cd out of the selection but God knew.

At one point the author spoke about married couples with children, and how that common purpose of raising and caring for children together, can be the only driving force in your life together. Once the children grow up and move away, there is no longer a sense of purpose. Maybe it's time for divorce? What else is there now that our common purpose has been fulfilled? The author goes on to remind us that we need something unchanging in this ever-changing world. A common unchanging purpose.
What could that be? What does not change in the world of change? The answer is love.
Love! Now there's something I can do! There's something we all can do and we must do in order to make sense of the world around us. Love is the one thing that does not change.

I have not found a new job with an income, but I have rediscovered my true purpose and for that I am full of gratitude and renewed hope!

"Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law" Romans 13:8
"love never ends. Now faith , hope , and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love". 1 Corinthians 13:13

Yes, my children are grown, I am unemployed, confused about my future and how I will manage without a paycheck. So, what is my purpose now? To obey God's Commandments, to purposely love God, and my neighbor as I love myself. God will take care of the rest.

" Come to me all of you who are tired of carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke and put it on you, and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit; and you will find rest. For the yoke I will give you is easy, and the load I will put on you is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Adopted and a date with predestination

The holiday season is upon us, and while it may strike chords of happiness and family togetherness, for many it is a lonely time and brings on severe depression.
What of those who have no family to enjoy?  For some, even the invitation from a neighbor or someone else's family, makes them feel like an orphan in the worst sense; rejected, unwanted, and unloved by their "natural " family if they have one, and a charity case at best.
Growing up as blessed as I was, holidays were always at home with my parents, four sisters and four brothers.  Once married, with four children of our own, it was wonderful to carry on that tradition, and to relieve our parents of the work of feeding and entertaining.
This morning I turned to my book* of daily readings *. 
It highlighted 10 key biblical promises that the reader was instructed to "Memorize, Remember, and Treasure".
Number 1 was; "I Am Adopted" with the reference to Ephesians 1:5, and this is the one I  would …

Feeling Grumpy?

I felt it creeping inside of me, very gradually; day by day it grew a little stronger. I had a strong sense of uneasiness not knowing why or where it was coming from. As I searched myself for the source, it seemed to be growing into every encounter, conversation and expression, verbal or otherwise. I have so much to be grateful for and yet everything and everyone I have counted as blessings began to feel like they were part of the problem. I was short on patience and tolerance, and growing strong on grumpiness and criticism. Mumbling to myself was a troubling warning sign. What’s wrong with me? Is it my hormones? Could I possibly have had that many “bad” days in a row?


I listened to a podcast by Joyce Meyer about having an attitude adjustment as I scrolled thru another website looking at spring clothing. Ha! There was my answer. I need to adjust my attitude, and quickly, before this monster of grumpiness engulfs me completely. Gratitude is my only escape. Thank you Lord, for the roof…

All Natural Homemade Goodies

I had said in a previous blog that I would share more ways you can use some of the ingredients I used for the sunspot face serum, so here goes!   I found a recipe online for these lotion bars which are lotion, NOT soap! They are just the right amount of creamy for me, but you can adjust the recipe to make it creamier or harder.  The idea is, when you rub them against your warm skin they melt just enough to condition and protect your skin.  
I got my recipe out and all the things I would need in advance so I wouldn't be running around trying to find things at the last minute. For this recipe I used 100% filtered beeswax, shea butter, organic coconut oil, and lavendar essential oil for fragrance, although you dont have to add fragrance but if you decide you want to you can choose any essential oil you prefer or just pure vanilla extract which I may try next time. I bought two solid blocks of beeswax here: 

What I would do different next time is buy beeswax pastilles by the pound li…