Skip to main content

Death and Life

I have hit a real dry spell.  The last time I wrote was a short piece about how I felt about my father dying.  Since then, I haven't been able to express myself other then brooding silently, shedding some tears when I think about him and other family members who have passed on.  I think alot about the whole birth and death thing or what some call "the circle of life".  Unfortunately, my mind circles around the words "birth" and "death"  and I come to no peaceful conclusion on either one.  I guess I want death to be a peaceful experience and I have witnessed it to be otherwise.  I think about birth and consider how a baby is comfy and nutured inside the mothers' womb until the time comes for the body to reject it, force it out into this other world.  The baby doesn't remember.  We have no recall of pain or suffering or fear of the unknown.  We grow and grow from thereon, hopefully in a nurturing and loving environment.  We learn to become independent.  We look forward to doing things for ourselves, learning to walk, ride a bike, feed ourselves, dress ourselves and learn as much as we can.
This thing called "death" is a reversal.  It almost seems like we "unlearn" everything we've worked so hard on.  Things that were easy now seem unnatural.  Walking becomes shuffling, hearing becomes dulled, sight becomes blurred, eventually for many, we return to diapers.   There is no graceful way out. 
I try to make sense of it all so that I can accept that death is part of life.  I struggle with it.  I want to feel like an innocent child again who doesn't worry about war, murder, hatred, the economy and other endless "grown-up" thoughts and troubles. . 
 I relate to Ecclesiastes:
Ecclesiastes 1:14 I have seen all the things that are done under the sun; all of them are meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Ecclesiastes 1:17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

Ecclesiastes 4:2 And I declared that the dead, who had already died, are happier than the living, who are still alive.

Ecclesiastes 4:3 But better than both is he who has not yet been, who has not seen the evil that is done under the sun.

This may be part of the grieving process.  I pray for the feeling of "joy" in my soul again and to bid adieu to this hopelessness.  There are sad and grievous things happening every instant on this planet. Men, women and children killing eachother.  Storms ravaging homes and families.  The worst of all of this  is the lack of love for eachother.  There is no meaning to life when there is no love.  Men, women, and children...... teach eachother how to LOVE!  How to express it, how to feel it and how to be it.  We don't need to bond over video games or shooting ranges.  Get back to basics.  Get back to believing in God.  Get back to the Ten Commandments, because the devil is at our door and instead of locking him out, we lock out God and hand out guns.  Life is futility without the belief that God is our all loving, ALL POWERFUL, Creator!  We are not Him, but we are like Him when we love eachother as He has first loved us.  This is what I will try to remind myself of when I feel down.  This is what I will remind everyone I can when they feel down.  There is no excuse for us to allow the tragedies that are happening in our world today.  There cannot be THAT MANY CRAZY PEOPLE!!
 But , there can be too many people who do not know love or the meaning of it, or the origin of it, or how to live it and share it.  If you care about your family or yourself, and all of humanity,  you will work on sharing this one thing that changes sad, angry, lonely, dispairing people into people who see hope through the eyes of love.     God bless us all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Adopted and a date with predestination

The holiday season is upon us, and while it may strike chords of happiness and family togetherness, for many it is a lonely time and brings on severe depression.
What of those who have no family to enjoy?  For some, even the invitation from a neighbor or someone else's family, makes them feel like an orphan in the worst sense; rejected, unwanted, and unloved by their "natural " family if they have one, and a charity case at best.
Growing up as blessed as I was, holidays were always at home with my parents, four sisters and four brothers.  Once married, with four children of our own, it was wonderful to carry on that tradition, and to relieve our parents of the work of feeding and entertaining.
This morning I turned to my book* of daily readings *. 
It highlighted 10 key biblical promises that the reader was instructed to "Memorize, Remember, and Treasure".
Number 1 was; "I Am Adopted" with the reference to Ephesians 1:5, and this is the one I  would …

Feeling Grumpy?

I felt it creeping inside of me, very gradually; day by day it grew a little stronger. I had a strong sense of uneasiness not knowing why or where it was coming from. As I searched myself for the source, it seemed to be growing into every encounter, conversation and expression, verbal or otherwise. I have so much to be grateful for and yet everything and everyone I have counted as blessings began to feel like they were part of the problem. I was short on patience and tolerance, and growing strong on grumpiness and criticism. Mumbling to myself was a troubling warning sign. What’s wrong with me? Is it my hormones? Could I possibly have had that many “bad” days in a row?


I listened to a podcast by Joyce Meyer about having an attitude adjustment as I scrolled thru another website looking at spring clothing. Ha! There was my answer. I need to adjust my attitude, and quickly, before this monster of grumpiness engulfs me completely. Gratitude is my only escape. Thank you Lord, for the roof…

All Natural Homemade Goodies

I had said in a previous blog that I would share more ways you can use some of the ingredients I used for the sunspot face serum, so here goes!   I found a recipe online for these lotion bars which are lotion, NOT soap! They are just the right amount of creamy for me, but you can adjust the recipe to make it creamier or harder.  The idea is, when you rub them against your warm skin they melt just enough to condition and protect your skin.  
I got my recipe out and all the things I would need in advance so I wouldn't be running around trying to find things at the last minute. For this recipe I used 100% filtered beeswax, shea butter, organic coconut oil, and lavendar essential oil for fragrance, although you dont have to add fragrance but if you decide you want to you can choose any essential oil you prefer or just pure vanilla extract which I may try next time. I bought two solid blocks of beeswax here: 

What I would do different next time is buy beeswax pastilles by the pound li…